Sunday, May 12, 2019

Because I Said So

hearing that drove me crazy as a kid and saying it now isn't much better, but you begin to understand how that saying got started when you are asked the same question a billion times in a minute ;)

I had a great Mother's Day weekend with my crew and wanted to share some of the every day things that's happened between now and Easter (the last time I blogged --yikes).

Cookies -- I've made a lot of cookies. I love cookies the kids love cookies and we've tried several recipes and have finally found a couple of simple favorites we keep going back to including a giant cookie that is fun to make as a gift or pick me up.

























Games and bike rides. Andrew always wants to play a game and is checking out what's in the game cupboard that sparks some interest. We also borrowed this bike co-pilot from my cousin Matt down the street and Andrew has loved it. He'll say I'm giving it the gusto and pedal really fast so much so that you don't have to pedal at all in the front. :) We've been on several family bike rides and Steve and I took the boys Wed morning a couple of times as our workout.























I took the kids to the park so Steve and Ellie could practice long jump across the street at the high school. 

Ellie decided to do track this year and had a great experience at the first track meet qualifying for 3 events including shot put which made Steve and I laugh because she can't weigh much more than that thing. Steve was awesome and spent 3 hours with her at the track meet practicing and figuring out the events -- he grew up with a track coach (Russ) and I think spent a lot of his early childhood at such events with his older siblings.


Then she didn't qualify for anything at the second meet and was a little disappointed but it also cleared her schedule to attend mutual early and she didn't want to miss art class that day (because they leave early to go to the meet) so we made peace with it. They kept changing the rules of when you could sign up for the long distance runs and so we kept missing that window which was a bit frustrating, but she enjoyed the experience and she hopes to continue practicing over the summer.


Going for walks/jogs when the weather cooperates. The boys always ask if they can walk the last little stretch.


Andrew chilling on the way home from violin lessons.


 My boys love snuggles and so do I!


Waiting for dance carpool -- boys playing on Leapsters and Lila reading.


Bubble gun war

Library run in Daddy's car while Mommy's tire got fixed -- twice because they checked the wrong tire the first time.


Andrew's preschool Mother's Day program where they sang songs and special art for us.





This boy loves to be outside any chance he can get. I'm hoping this crazy rainy weather means June will have mild temperatures and the kids can spend lots of time outside when school is out.

Aquarium trip with Enzo (Marcus and Enzo are best buds)

2 more dance competitions






















We've had soccer in the rain, hail and our last game it was raining so hard we only played for 10 minutes and we were all soaked. When we pulled up Andrew sank in his seat and just said, "why?" because of the rain.





















Dollar store puzzles and snakes -- oh my





















Here we are today -- Steve and Lila are sleeping while I play battleship with the boys :)  Steve's going to smoke a tri-tip for dinner and the girls have made me a bunch of adorable cards that I'll treasure forever. I plan to do some one-on-one talks with them after church just to check in with how they are feeling as we head in to the end of school.