Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tucson Snow

So believe it or not Tucson is home to the most southern ski resort in the Northern Hemisphere. I have been wanting to take Ellie up Mount Lemon to play in the snow, but with the 80 degree weather we have been having there hasn't really been an opportunity. Well today's weather provided an almost snow like experience with a hailstorm which Ellie thought was snow when she saw it all over the grass outside. So we bundled her up in our Tucson Winter clothes and let her go outside to play in the "snow". She loved it and didn't want to come in an hour later to take a bath. I think Ellie has seen more snow here in Tucson than at Grandpa and Mimi's in Idaho. And who says Tucson doesn't have seasons?



























January 2007 we received over 2 inches of snow at our house. This was Ellie's first encounter with snow. I love that the snowman has oranges off of our tree for his buttons and is scratching his head like what is happening here. And look at the cactus in the background with the snow on top. CRAZY!