Tuesday, September 22, 2009

She likes it chunky

I'm thinking of the song the hippos sing in Madagascar 2. . . we started Lila on solids and that girl can eat. We started doing rice cereal at night and then at breakfast she started hollering when we were eating and she wasn't getting anything so we moved rice cereal to breakfast and then she gets a vegetable for dinner. However, I don't know whether it is due to our living situation being a little chaotic, or because she just likes to eat, or because she is my second child, I find myself giving her table food already. She had half a french toast yesterday while we were trying to eat breakfast and loved some mashed sweet potatoes we had on Sunday. She likes food and she likes it chunky so she can chew on it.

We moved one of the hotel chairs into the closet so we could put Lila's highchair at the table and conserve space in our living area for other items. The table was just right for gnawing on.
Oh yeah, I fed her watermelon too. I'm telling you she really does holler if she isn't eating something when you are eating so I find myself just giving her what I can off of my plate.

We are still working on the fine motor skills to get the crackers to the mouth, but she has no problem directing my hand, with whatever may be in it, to her mouth.