Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of Preschool

I cannot believe it, but the day has finally come when my little Ellie is off to school.  We attended the open house last Friday and she has a wonderful teacher.  She is the only girl in the class and the teacher and I have talked about it and think it will be okay.  She has the cutest pink name tag for check-in and the teacher put her up front for story time so she could be a good example for the boys.  Steve did not think it was a big deal, but after the open house you could tell he was a little concerned because the boys were wild and miss Ellie well she is Ellie, a sweet little girl--oh be brave!
Here she is already for the day.






















I made her a special lunch, a star shaped PB&J.She was so excited.
Steve was a little concerned that I was wasting sandwich, but when I explained that I would cut up the rest for Lila's lunch he thought it was a brilliant idea. :)


Here is Lila saying goodbye.

Yesterday after church Steve gave Ellie a Father's blessing.  It is a neat tradition from my family that we would like to continue where every child and even Mom sometimes gets a blessing at the beginning of the school year.  Steve explained to her that the things he spoke came from our Father in Heaven.  She sat so good and had the cutest smile because she knew it was something special.

I have to admit I'm a little teary-eyed doing this post just after dropping her off.  The house is awfully quiet without her constant chatter.  She was a little nervous at drop-off, but knew where to put her backpack and how to move her name over to the side that showed she was here (cute side note--she made sure to put her name at the very top).  Then I left and I cannot wait to pick her up in three hours and hear everything!