Monday, August 22, 2011

Ellie Starts Kindergarten

So one of the first things I did when we arrived was go to the school and register Ellie because I had been told school started on the 15th.  Well as it turns out the 15th was an orientation with a parent--like Kinder Roundup in Tucson, of which we attended 3.  Oh well, it was nice to take her to the school and meet the teacher with her.  I think it brought comfort to both of us.  She went in Wednesday morning to complete a test with her teacher and then really began school this afternoon (we are in pm kinder--which so far is nice).  Here are few pictures documenting the process:

Getting ready to walk to school for the orientation.  And yes she is wearing the same shirt she wore for the first day of school last year, but hey if it makes her comfortable then it works.

Working on some projects her teacher gave them.

Lila wanted to go to school with Ellie so badly and when we returned she wanted her name tag so I got the masking tape and a marker and made her her own name tag.  We also decided that eating donuts on the first day of school may be a new tradition for us.

Walking to school--just as I was getting ready to take this picture Lila tripped and scuffed her knees, but as long as her baby Elmo was okay she was okay.

In front of the school sign.

Looking at her name to see which color she should sit on.

Sitting on orange.

We met Ellie in the auditorium.  I thought we would be late, but we had just got settled onto a step and in came her class.  Both Ellie and Lila were excited to see each other and Lila shared her snack.