Sunday, January 1, 2012

Celebrate and Decorate

Well on New Year's Eve I decided it was time to take a break from unpacking so I did some decorating with vinyl decals I had ordered.  Here are the results:




That evening we went down to the Olenslagers' home and had pizza, snacks, and played a Spot It game which was lots of fun.  The kids played and were sad to leave, but I'm sure we will have many more fun play times together.


On New Year's Day, we had dinner with Nate, Nessa, Izzy, Jakey and their dogs.  We also played a Toy Story 3 Operation game with the girls which was fun for all involved.

As a family we dedicated our new home and developed some new rules/goals for 2012.




Funny story regarding item #1.  Ellie came out of the playroom and was complaining that Lila wanted to play with Ellie's new car set that she had got for Christmas and that Ellie was trying to get Lila to play with the train set she got, but Lila was not doing it.  I said well remember that our first goal is to think of others, how do you think Lila would feel if you shared with her.  Ellie's response, "I am thinking of Lila.  I'm thinking she needs to play with her trains."  Yes, this will be a challenging goal for the year, but isn't that what goals do, challenge us to be better.  Let's hope we are up for the challenge. :)