Tuesday, December 13, 2011

They Said What . . .

We went to a Christmas brunch at our church on Saturday.  Steve went early to help cook pancakes and I was finishing up a breakfast casserole and getting the girls ready.  I called them to get their coats on so we could go and Lila brought her Little People horse.  I told her he couldn't come because we didn't want to loose him.  She looked at me and said, "But Mommy he's hungry."

Lately Lila has not stayed in bed after putting her down.  She will get up several times before actually settling down.  Sunday's nap was no different.  After the third retucking Steve told Lila if she got out of bed again he would take Blanca, her new Furreal puppy from Grandma Moore.  A few seconds after leaving the room Lila appeared in our doorway clearly upset and said, "Daddy you scared Blanca.  You need to tell her your sorry."

If Lila's bum itches she will shake it and say, "Mom you gotta get these spiders out of my bum.  They're tickling me."

This morning over breakfast Ellie said she had a rough day at school yesterday.  I knew she was really upset about losing a neat thank you card from her teacher for our Christmas gift because she was in tears when I picked her up yesterday.  I asked her what else happened and she said, "I have never been asked to move on the rug before."  Me, "Did you have to move yesterday."  Ellie, "Yes.  I was talking too much with my best friend Amira."  Me, "Well we all make mistakes and the only thing we can do is try to be better the next day."  Ellie, "I know Mom.  I will not talk so much today."

They like to say eeny, meeny, miney, mo and fee-fi-fo-fum.  It is pretty cute to hear in a 2 year-old voice.  Usually one of them will start and then the other will say the next word and they keep alternating say it over-and-over.

Lila had a bit of a runny nose and at breakfast she kept saying, my ____ hurts.  It sounded like my muscles hurt, but she said that wasn't it and kept repeating it.  Finally she pointed to her upper lip and said it again, and I said, "your mustache hurts?"  She said yes from blowing her nose.

These are the moments you treasure as a Mom and hope that I can recall them to lighten the mood when they are screaming at each other or all I hear is, "I DO IT MYSELF!"