Monday, May 21, 2012

Ellie's Officially 6

She took treats to her class; a yo-yo and unicorn candies.

When her friend in carpool dropped her off she said that the little brother was not feeling well and she had three yo-yos and candy left which was enough for the little brother, Lila, and herself so she gave him one--so sweet.  We checked the mail and she got a card from Grandpa and Grandma Moore with $6 which was so exciting. We went swimming with some friends in the afternoon which ended up being a good workout for me since Lila kept wanting to jump off the diving board so I would have to tread water to catch her (she was wearing a life jacket also). Then we came home showered and Ellie was trying to decide what she wanted me to fix for dinner. She had finally settled on Eggs Benedict after considering mac-and-cheese and pizza but Daddy won't let her have cheese pizza and then the power went out. So I decided I would vacuum since I couldn't make dinner and Ellie said, "Uh, Mom don't you need power for the vacuum?" Yes, yes I do so we just did a little straightening hoping that the power would come back on any time. After an hour Ellie decided she wanted In-N-Out probably because we always get their neapolitan milk shakes when we're there. Lila decided she was done with her cheeseburger with about 1/4 left so I said, "Let's let Daddy finish it off." Ellie then said, "I want to eat it." So yes, at 6 she ate her whole cheeseburger and the rest of Lila's. The power came back on shortly before bedtime so we watched a My Little Pony and then put the girls to bed. I'm so blessed to have such a darling little (can I still say little--she is growing so fast) girl who is concerned for others and wants to do what's right. Lots of love to my Ellie Bellie!