Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lila's Owie

On Tuesday we got stuck behind a tractor for almost 1/2 of our drive to swim lessons which made us a few minutes late. So after we had safely crossed the parking lot and were on the sidewalk I told the girls to run. I had a quick thought that Lila might fall (her coordination is still in question while running sometimes), but I ignored the thought, a decision I have regretted all week. She did indeed fall scraping her knee--nothing new, so I thought. She acted like she couldn't walk all day making me set her on the potty when she needed to go and crying all day about her owie and didn't even want to go to gym class that evening. Wednesday morning came and she said she felt better and then all of the sudden she couldn't walk again. I made blueberry pancakes and that gave her strength, somehow, she did fine in swim lessons and played all morning with Ellie until after lunch she screamed at me to come quickly--her scab opened in one spot and was bleeding ever so slightly, she once again could not walk. We were getting ready to go somewhere and she once again couldn't move her leg so she peed all over--I have to admit, I lost it, not one of my finer moments. I told her I was putting some neosporin and a bandaid on she went hysterical, but I did it anyways and guess what she managed through the two days just fine. Thursday evening she had an hour gym class she did great running, jumping etc. We stayed for free play and about 45 minutes in her bandaid fell off while jumping on the trampoline and she instantly could not move again. Another parent there saw the whole thing and was laughing. He asked if it was her first owie and I said no, but the most dramatic so much so that at one point I actually thought she may have broken something. Well this morning her second bandaid was starting to fall off so I recorded a little in an attempt to capture the drama (seriously this video is not nearly as dramatic as our week has been with the owie, but at least I have proof ;)