Thursday, January 9, 2014

Getting in a Groove

I feel like we are finally settling into a routine. Don't know if I mentioned that Steve was really busy in November. Right before the baby came he had 3 clients give him new projects with a 10-14 day turn around. With those deadlines Steve took the 2 days off we were in the hospital and then went right back to work. I'm glad he could spend the time with us in the hospital--there is something wonderful about having just the three of you for a bit and Steve really is comforting during the whole delivery and recovery process. So life felt like a little bit of survival during November, then the holidays came and schedules were just a bit crazier than usual. Steve did manage to work from home a lot during December allowing me the flexibility to leave sleeping Andrew home while I ran the girls around etc. which was so nice and I am so grateful.

Last week started a new year and I managed to do carpool for Ellie's school, get Lila to school, and carpool for Lila's dance class last week while taking Andrew--granted it was only a 2 day week, but it was a nice ease back into life giving me the confidence that I can do it. I managed to make good dinners, do homework, and finish preparing for primary (the first Sunday of the year is always a little crazy). I think we are now a confident family of 5. ;)

Andrew continues to grow; he weighed 11lbs 8oz at his two month check-up. He also received a round of immunizations and all I can say is we have heard a lot of screaming from him, but we have never heard his hurt or scared scream--it was a whole new level. He has dropped a feeding at night and is sleeping pretty good most of the time. As a matter of fact, he slept all night Saturday. Of course I didn't because my body is used to getting up between 2&3 a.m. so I was awake and did a bit of cleaning which woke up Steve--oops. Yesterday he was really good with his naps. I would lay him down awake and he wouldn't fuss much if at all before falling asleep and he would sleep soundly until the next feeding (Steve thinks it may be due to the shots) and he had a rougher night last night. I tease that he can only have a good day or night, but I'm sure we'll eventually work it out. Until then we'll just keeping loving on him. :)