Friday, February 14, 2014

Sweeties

I love celebrating my sweeties. The girls were kind of spoiled this year.  Ellie got a pair of high heels that she has been asking for for a long time. Lila got a jewelry box.  They each got an outfit with a matching outfit for their American Girl doll and a new dress. Steve and I exchanged fun and fitting cards and some sweet somethings--Steve loves the Reeses hearts and he got me some sugar cookies, I'm a sucker for baked goods.


Traditional heart shaped pancakes.


Last week I told Steve that I think I signed up to help with Ellie's class valentine party. Turns out I signed up to be in charge. :) It was fun, but I did start out with a list of 9 volunteers and there ended up only being 3 of us, but the kids had a ball decorating cookies, hearing a story and making valentines, and then I played some games with them with conversational hearts and chopsticks (which I needed to acquire a few more and Steve had a bogo coupon for Pei Wei that was about to expire so we had take out last night). Then we decided to take lunch in and eat with Ellie since I was going in to setup for her party. Lila thought it was great to be at school and wanted to stay. We then had our traditional fondue dinner--so delicious and for dessert personal white chocolate mousse pies.
 






















Fortunately we started making our valentine's early. The girls had a ball making them and put more thought into than I thought they would--they would pick colors they thought would look good together to melt together.


Watching them melt in the oven while eating ice cream.

Valentine's they made for each other. :)