
Quotes on the hearts:
"Love is a open door." "Welcome home."
"We love you." "Thank you for everything."
The girls had their school parties yesterday--it seems we always have some sort of a holiday party before we go off track. Since it was our last week before break and we had SEPs (parent teacher conference) it was early out all week so we managed to have lots of play-dates and fun times. I have also been busy prepping for our Valentine's celebration and packing for our trip tomorrow so it's been a jam packed week, but I love celebrating valentine's with my family--they are my true treasures! The kids woke-up to their valentine surprises in new back-packs--I found them for $1 at Walmart and thought they would be nice for the trip--they could carry their blankets, snack, games, coloring etc for our 4.5 hour flight. I also found Steve some great shirts on clearance at Walmart for his Valentine present, a Sriracha Hot Sauce shirt because he loves that stuff--seriously it goes on everything and a couple of really nice shirts for the beach also clearanced for $1. It was fun to find such useful stuff for such a deal.
| Traditional heart pancakes with heart sprinkles this year. Do you like how they are wearing their backpacks. |
Then we headed up to Mt Green where we picked up Grandpa and left Andrew with Mimi so we could go skiing. The girls had 3 hour lessons again and the three adults went and explored the big mountain this time--it was fun. We had a nice gentleman from Powder Mountain who greeted us and Steve asked if he would give us a tour and he said, "Sure, I'd rather being skiing than greeting." So he spent an hour-and-a-half skiing with us showing us the ropes. Then we took a short break in a lodge (there are several there) and did a couple of more runs before we went to meet the girls.

Here they both are coming down the mountain with their instructors. Lila didn't leave the rope tow area because the other kid in her class was not as comfortable skiing as she was so when we got her she kept asking to go on the big lift. So Steve went and bought an edgie wedgie because her teacher seemed to think she needed it and we all went up on the lift together.

Ellie did not want to stop for pictures she wanted to ski and show us all these places she learned to go through trees etc and when she did there were jumps she loved taking fast--little dare devil. Lila snow plowed the whole way down taking her time (I don't think she really needed the edgie wedgie, but better safe than sorry). She was cute and would dance with the top of her body while she skied down the mountain. Lila made two runs on the lift and Ellie did four with us and then we called it a day. Did I mention that it was so warm that we all skied with only our jacket liners and I was grateful that the ski school had sunblock I could use on the girls. We went back to Mt Green for our traditional fondue dinner with Mimi & Grandpa and now we're home and working on finishing packing for our trip. See all the hot stuff: Steve's shirt & card, skiing in the sun, and then our trip to the warm beaches.


