*We surprised Mimi one Sunday evening at Mt Green for her birthday. We brought dinner, dessert, and decorated. We had the girls hide when they told us they were just getting off the free way, but then 30 minutes later we ate without them and waited another 30 minutes before they arrived. They stopped and visited some friends before heading to the house--I guess that's part of the problem when you don't let Dad in on the surprise. Although he says he knew and told us they wouldn't be there until 7pm--he didn't tell us. :)
*Ellie came home with her results from the piano festival she played in at the end of March and she received 99/100 for her performance which she was awarded a top performer trophy and she received a medal for highest score on her technic test. Way to go! She said, "that was easy." I reminded her of how hard we worked the week leading up to the festival--I would sit with her and listen to the songs and help her correct mistakes. She said, "Oh yeah that was not so fun." Then I explained that because she worked so hard she performed well and received the awards. I could see a few things clicking and she said, "I guess hard work is with worth it." Yes! Yes it is!
*Soccer was in full swing and Andrew got croup so life was busy. I volunteered to do teacher appreciation bulletin boards for both of my girls classes--Steve thought I was crazy to volunteer for anything else, but thanks to Oriental Trading it was easy and turned out cute (seriously that site is better than Pinterest for me).
We had Ellie and her friend Abbey pass out the deputy stars and all of their classmates wrote thank you notes to Miss Hunt.
*We continued enjoying the lovely weather outside working on projects, going for jogs while the girls biked, and walking the dog.
I love spring!


