We had family home evening today before lunch. We were talking about the Holy Week and the events that lead up to Easter. Andrew was really tired because we had been at Mimi & Grandpa's in Mt Green the night before and he didn't get to bed until 10pm. I was doing my best to engage him in our lesson while also teaching the girls (which can be quite the task when he isn't tired). All of the sudden something bounced off of the forehead of Marcus. I knew that Andrew had thrown something, he throws everything--you ask him to hand you the binkie, your phone, the remote whatever it is it gets thrown to you. Then I realized it was his precious rock he had brought in after playing outside yesterday. Marcus took a second, but there was a delayed squelch of shock and ouch! I picked up Andrew who immediately knew it was bad (he didn't mean to hit Marcus, he was just tossing his rock). I held him and explained this is why Mommy says not to throw things because you can hurt someone or break something. He hung his head and shed a few tears. The adults in the room kind of chuckled after everything settled down. Good times.
Summer Fun
11 years ago
