Saturday, June 18, 2016

Moore Weekend Fun

Doug & Joddy came to Provo for summer camps with their kids and they are always so nice to carve out some time to get together with us.  This year we had planned to go to Snowbird to do the Alpine Slide and the Coaster and other summer activities they have there and were really looking forward to it, but as I was coordinating with the group ticket salesman I came to realize that day was also "Brewfest" and it would be quite crowded which bummed us out a little bit we were excited about doing something new, but adjusted our plans and still had a wonderful time.  We ended up at 7 Peaks in Salt Lake with Doug, Stephanie, & Steve and their families.  We setup chairs and tents in a shaded area and the older kids took off to play. Andrew and Steve did a slide together then Lila and Ellie went down a slide with Steve.  We took Andrew over to the little tot pool to see what it was like while  Ellie & Lila did the wave pool while we waited for Doug and his family to arrive.  Then Sydney, Ellie, & Lila took off together and had a great time.  
Lila came back and relaxed for a bit while the other two kept playing.  The oldest cousin Ethan was nice and asked Andrew what he wanted to do and they soon became fast friend. There was lots of sliding and trips around the lazy river--even in double tubes. 




Marcus and I stayed in the shaded area most of the day and he was quite the trooper, eating and napping. I laid him on a towel at one point so I could reapply sunscreen on the kids and he loved all the people coming by and talking with him.













After we stopped and grabbed a hamburger at Apollo Burger and Doug & Joddy and their family did too.  Andrew was so excited to see Ethan again, he said, "you here too, yay!" The girls sat at a table chatting and eating and all of the boys sat at a table doing boy things (they were really well behaved considering there was 5 of them) and eating.  Then the adults sat at one table chatting a bit. It was a fun day.  I remember loving to spend time with my cousins as a kid and admiring my older cousins so I really enjoyed seeing my children interact with their cousins and even some of the cousin stardum happening for Andrew.