Last Thursday I took Lila to the orthodontist before school. It was just the two of us and we had some fun chats to and from. She told me that Dec 21st is the first day of winter and also the last day of school so we should go skiing the next day. I asked her why she liked skiing and she said she liked going down the hill and seeing all the city lights as they drove home (they did evening lessons last year). After meeting with the orthodontist I realized the girls, each of which are supposed to see him every 6 months, are spread out 3 months apart and the orthodontist doesn't want to me to move one that much right now because he wants to keep an eye on their mouths/teeth. So I guess I'll be driving there every three months and enjoy the one-on-one chats with the girls.
Yesterday I took Ellie to the dermatologist she's had a scalp issue since this summer and it just isn't completely clearing up and her ears started bleeding around her new earrings. He told us to use the prescription shampoo more frequently (every-other-day) and the scalp should clear up in a couple of weeks. He thinks her ears are sensitive to the metal in the earrings and told us to get some plastic or gold earrings. So after dropping Lila off at dance last night (the drop-off involved delivering our last 12 days of Christmas gift, library stop, and a drive through the city Christmas lights before taking her to dance. They all love driving through the lights, but I especially love the excitement Andrew shows for it-this time he told me it was a great idea like quesadillas;) . . . anyway, after all that I took Ellie to Claire's to get some more earrings. We found some gold plated earrings and it seems to be helping already. Since we were at the mall we made a quick stop at the aquarium (benefit of having a membership) to pet the sting rays and Ellie actually got to touch a shark this time too.
Today I checked Lila out of school before lunch and ran her to the doctor to do a urine sample just to make sure it's clear before we start the low dose antibiotic. Afterwards I took her to lunch at her place of choice, pizza pie cafe. Then we went to the dentist to get two teeth pulled, which was recommended by the orthodontist. When we got there the paperwork they had showed the canine teeth and I thought it was the lateral teeth so I asked them to call the orthodontist and apologized for the trouble. The dentist was nice and said don't apologize I would do the same if it was my kid. He went ahead and numbed her since he would be pulling teeth no matter what. She was so nervous and they asked if she wanted the gas, but I held her hand and she did great. Sure enough the orthodontist had sent over the paperwork for the wrong teeth and he apologized. They're out and she's awaiting the tooth fairies special visit tonight because it is her first time getting teeth pulled and Ellie got a special gift. Good thing Mom got a note off to the tooth fairy just in time and I think she is going to bring some clip on earrings for her (what a coincidence since we were at Claire's last night;).
Man I've felt like I spend a lot of time running kids to doctors, dentists, orthodontists, school, dance etc., it can be crazy and hectic at times, but I'm grateful for the small windows it provides for some-one-on-one time and hope the kids will remember those special moments.
I need to give a shout out to Steve who is great and takes the boys as much as possible for me to do this or does morning carpool runs by himself with all of the kids since I try to schedule most of the appointments before school. He is wonderful and is aware of how taxing it can be to run the kids so much and tries to make sure I don't get lost in the shuffle. Love him!!
Summer Fun
11 years ago
