I was hoping the boys would sleep on the way, but Marcus fell asleep 30 minutes before Burley where we were going to pick up my parents and drive to Twin to see Shoshone Falls (with the snow pack and all the rain the falls are incredible right now). Of course Andrew fell asleep right before we got to the falls and was cranky when we were trying to get geared up. It was a little windy so all the mist was being blown into the parking lot and viewing area--it was seriously like it was raining. I had to force his jacket and shoes on and bribe him with a cookie and ironically he says seeing the water fall and the rainbow was his favorite part of the trip. . . kids.
And they had a smash penny machine that all the kids did. :)
We went to Applebee's and got some linner (lunch/dinner). Then we drove around Twin looking at a few properties and then I decided when we got back to Burley to go visit the Great Grandparents. Andrew kept saying, "when are we going to get to Mimi and Panca's?" but he hung in there and enjoyed see the great grandparents.
Great Grandma Dorothy Garner and all the kids. She bribed Marcus to get close with a cookie. :)
I forgot to take a picture with Great Grandpa Elwood Olenslager and the St Patrick day necklace Andrew claimed as his. :)
We finally made to Mimi and Pancas at 6:30pm. Long day of being in the car, but the kids traveled well and the girls were good helpers. We played our new game Telestrations with Mimi and Panca had a little snack. Then the kids explored and played.
When I said it was time to get ready for bed Andrew got all sad and said, "we have to go home now. we just got here." I told him we were staying the night and he got the hugest grin and said, "YES!" I sent them to the bathroom to change and brush their teeth. Andrew came out soaking wet and said excitedly, "that toilet sprays water." I guess he figured out how to use Grandpa's bidet. Mimi asked if it at least got his bum cleaned. Andrew then pulled down his pants and undies and said, "I don't know, did it" as he showed his bum to Mimi. I thought we were all going to split a gut. That kid is our comedian.
The three older kids slept well. We had some breakfast then Ellie took her car outside (Steve finally got all the parts to put it together again) and after about 10 minutes I told her to give Andrew a turn and he ran it into the shop breaking a piece. He felt bad and started crying then the girls started crying because they couldn't play with it any more then I felt bad because I had made them give him a turn it was a rough morning. Marcus was tired and fussy so I knew we would probably take off earlier than anticipated. Mimi helped me fix a skirt then we loaded the car and were on the road for home. Marcus fell asleep within 3 minutes. Unfortunately he didn't sleep the whole time. I was debating whether or not to get gas at Snowville, but the gauges said it still had a quarter a tank and Marcus was still sleeping so I kept driving. He woke up right after we passed the exit then 10 miles later the Empty light came on and I panicked. I never let the gas tank get that low. Steve had just sent me a text so I called him and told him my situation and asked if I should turn back to Snowville, but he told me I was only 15 miles from Tremonton and that I would make it. We did--whew! We went through the Wendy's drive through and got the kids a cheeseburger and a jr frosty then got back on the road.
When we got home the kids were excited Daddy was working from home--mainly so he could fix Ellie's car. I put Marcus down for a nap took a quick shower and then decided that I needed to go see a doctor about my tongue. My tongue has been extremely sore for almost a week now (and it happened at the beginning of March and I thought it was just a rough bout of kankers), but this time around I started noticing different things like how I can't taste food and my whole tongue hurts not just a sore spot. I began wondering if I have thrush. I couldn't get an appointment so I went to urgent care and the doctor was not helpful . . . maybe it's thrush I don't know, you should really see your dentist or ENT. I'll give you a thrush prescription just in case. Then I called my brother-in-law Doug the dentist and he told me to buy some special soap hibiclens and brush my tongue with it. So I've been doing both and it seems to be getting better still not great, but much better than before.
Tuesday evening Steve took Lila to meet with Bishop Blamires in preparation for her baptism. She is really looking forward to her birthday and baptism this weekend.
Wednesday we went to the park and did our bike/jog/play routine again. Steve came with us so that was fun. Then we took the girls to Tasty's with their report cards to get donuts. The kids played outside all afternoon it was a lovely day and I realized how much Andrew really misses the girls when they are at school. Soon Marcus will be old enough and they can play together . . . I'm not ready to send Andrew to preschool yet. I want to hold on to every moment I have with him even the crazy cranky ones (remind me I said that when I'm in the middle of one of those tantrums will you).
That evening Steve was responsible for scouts and he gave them three options: game night, come work in our yard and earn money for scout camp, or car maintenance (my car also needs some work done). They chose to come work in our yard so I worked outside with them and we got a lot done. The girls were good to play with Marcus and take care of things while we did scouts.
Thursday we decided to go to the zoo with our carpool friends the Cowleys. It was a fun day. As we were heading out the door Steve turned to Lila and said, "Enjoy your last day as a 7 year-old." She thought that was funny.
![]() |
| I attempted a selfie on the train. |
It was a nice day which made the zoo a good place to go so it was getting really busy around lunch time so we decided to jet. Andrew walked the whole time until we were heading out and then he sat in the stroller and cute Marcus reached his hand over and started scratching his back.


