That evening for family home evening Steve gave all of the kids their back-to-school father's blessings. They were each special and a few things stuck out to me on each of them. Andrew went first. Once he realized what was happening he hopped into the chair before anyone else could. He was told how grateful we are for his enthusiastic spirit and that he has some fun opportunities to learn and grow in new ways this year. Lila was blessed with the ability to continue learning Chinese and apply herself in all of her school works. She was also blessed to continue working to be healthy and free of UTIs. Ellie was told how grateful we are for her help and what a great example she is as a big sister. She was also told to be careful about situations she knows are not good and to get out and be the good example. She is growing up and I know she is going to be placed in more situations that I cannot control so I visited with her about that a bit and told her she can always call us to come get her.
It was a lovely day and I'm so grateful for Steve taking the time to watch the eclipse with us and being worthy to share these blessings with our kids.