Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Summer Shorts

Here are some short and sweet summer moments I want to remember:

Taking the kids to Chuck E Cheese one evening to celebrating Siena's birthday. The kids had a blast. It was a little crazy because I was shuffling Ellie & Lila to and from tennis in between the crazy play time. Andrew and Siena ran around playing together and even took a cute picture together.

















Ellie going to the temple with her Beehive class and having a good experience. That night I also drove around to get her to and from that and tennis class.




Andrew waiting with Ellie for the last morning carpool of the summer for WSU Prep.




Steve taking Ellie to the closing celebration and enjoying all the engineer talk with her. She managed to get all As and her Logic score was 99.8% before the final. Steve also said she was a coding Ɣ gamma. It was a good experience for her and we're so glad we did it.



















Taking tennis with Steve on Monday & Wednesdays has been a good night out and fun. Steve took Ellie in my place last night since I was not feeling well. Which was a fun experience for them.

We took the kids bowling today at Boondocks with their free coupons and got a pizza since it was $10 Tuesday, they thought it was the best. And the pizza was a good thing to have to help Marcus wait his turn. :) The kids have reading trackers they've been filling out and coloring in and our weekly library trips almost don't seem like enough. We finished reading Wonder out loud as a family and are having another summer movie club this Friday to watch the movie with some friends. We've begun reading The Candymakers and hope to finish it before school begins. ;)

The summer is winding down and I'm in total denial of all the back-to-school ads I see. Almost every day Andrew asks, "Is it still summer break?" I'm dreading the day when the answer to that is a no. I'm trying to hold on to every moment I have, every crazy and even hair pulling moments of summer with my kids and hope they have good memories!

Oh and Marcus walking around in fhip-fhops (flip-flops) that are a little too big for him, but he insisted on wearing Andrew's because they didn't have the strap on the back. Fortunately, I had bought another pair for $1 a size up and pulled those out for Andrew so everyone was happy with their upgraded fhip-fhops and they wear them everywhere they can.