The weekend after soccer ended I was hoping to take it easy and get into a routine. Then at General Conference the Prophet announced some significant changes to the youth programs where I am currently serving. It has been a neat experience to see a personal prayer answered in such a significant way, but it also created a little more work for me. That same week Carole and Lexi came in to town to do some shopping and go through the temple in preparation for her mission. We loved having them, but it was a bit of a whirlwind, shopping for temple clothes and such the day before the temple and doing a little temple prep lesson, shopping for mission clothes and going to the temple twice. It was a a neat experience though and we wish her the best in Boston.
Friday Lila had the much anticipated maturation program and we had scheduled to go to lunch with her friend and Mom who is my friend. We had a lovely lunch with them and just think they're the bees knee (I may have picked that phrase up from an English roommate).
Friday night we invited the Chinese interns from the elementary school over for dinner. We played a game and had a great time visiting with them - so much so I think we'll do it again.
Saturday morning Steve and I ran in the LHS 5k Halloween Fun Run. One of my Laurels was in charge of it and had sent me an invite. They were raising funds for a Christmas gift program for the homeless and I thought it would be fun; I like to run, it's for a good cause, and I get to support her. We were both pretty happy with our times; Steve was a trooper and stuck with me the whole time even though he probably could have completed it quicker, but we ran the 3.25 miles in 35 minutes and managed to get 1st and 2nd (in our age categories 😉). Wahoo! Marcus likes to walk around with our medals clanging around his neck. I wish I had taken a picture because I had dressed up like a pumpkin, but I didn't so you'll have to wait until Halloween to see.
It was a busy but good week and I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who always helps us accomplish the righteous tasks in our lives and more. Today was lots of meetings and other responsibilities but I managed to make it through without a headache and feeling pretty on top of things. Life is good!
Summer Fun
11 years ago

