Do you ever have those weeks where you have nothing big scheduled but all the small things make the week crazier than you anticipated? Well that happened this week. With Young Women in Excellence done (which by the way I was grateful Ellie was feeling better to attend this year because last year she was sick and missed her first one ever and I was in charge and then when she got sick the Wednesday before I prayed she'd get better quick which she did thank goodness so she was able to attend and she was given an honor bee at this year's event) and boys birthdays over I thought this week would be a walk in the park, but Parent Teacher Conferences, taking Ellie to the temple, and just lots of little things made it a bit crazier. Andrew kept asking me every day to help him finish one of the crafts in his kiwico crate but I kept putting him off. I finally decided I need to change a few things and enjoy the time I have with my kids so we started playing games after dinner and before the boys go to bed which has been great -- the TV is off more and we're connecting and bonding and I'm really grateful for the little kick in the pants to re-prioritize a few things. So here you have it a few of our little life moments this past week:
Marcus and his friend Max crafting during our playdate (love him and his family and we've been trading off so we can attend the temple during the day such a great thing for Moms and boys)
The time change with the end of daylight savings really messing up our sleep schedules. Boys get up at 6:30 because their bodies think it's 7:30 and they already go to bed at 7pm so I can't put them to bed earlier. . . oh the joys.
Story time -- there is this great story time at the library the kids just love and this week it was all about veterans and she had setup a baby boot camp obstacle course.
I volunteer every Friday in Andrew's classroom and Marcus loves to sit with Mickey and play on his leapster while I grade homework and do baggy books then we go into the computer class where we (well I) help the kids login.