![]() |
| Here's the yummy chocolate pie we made for pie night. We also had a yummy cranberry-apple pie and a pumpkin cheesecake. |
I can't even remember what we did Wednesday. . .it was a blur of puzzle, movies, and relaxing with boxes of kleenexes right next to us.
Thursday we woke up to a lot of snow. So Steve went out to start clearing off the driveway and sidewalk and Lila and Marcus went out back to build snowmen while I was finishing up the thanksgiving meal.
![]() |
| Here's Daddy's little helper. |
We enjoyed our yummy meal with our smoked turkey and we decided we like just a simple mashed sweet potato with marshmallows on top. We had some fun Thanksgiving trivia to discuss at the table and then we went back to relaxing.
Friday Snowbasin opened and Steve was itching to go. Girls didn't really want to go, but Andrew said, "I've been looking forward to this all year, I'm going every chance I get." He's good at getting his gear on himself and was ready to go. Steve said he froze at the top of the hill and it took them forever to get down, but by then end he was finally getting comfortable again.
They came home in time for us to take off during a snow storm for Suesical the Musical at Hale Center Theater. We took it slow and got there safely and were glad when we left the theater that the snow had stopped and we had an easy drive home. The play was amazing and probably one of our favorites so far, it was a mix between stand up comedy and musical so fun!
Saturday Steve was kind enough to take me shopping for a new Christmas tree (we've been using one for almost 10 years that we got at garage sale for $10). We picked out a tree and Marcus liked the dancing Santa among the trees. When we were checking out we noticed there was a real Santa there so Marcus got to sit on Santa's lap -- he wasn't really for sure what that was about but was more than happy to take the candy cane treat from him. ;)

We finally convinced the girls to go with Steve skiing for a few hours and of course Andrew was all in to go again. So Marcus and I watched a Christmas movie and put up the nativities because I promised to save the tree decorating for when the kids got back and Steve even played Christmas music for us in the background.
Sunday morning I had a couple of meetings so the kids took their Kiwico boxes from Mimi and Grandpa for the month of December and went up to the craft room to create. They love those and since most of them were still sick I was the only one to attend church (well Steve went up to teach his lesson then came right back home).







