Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Hot Cocoa Bombs

Earlier this year I attended Lila's young women's activity where they made hot cocoa bombs. It was fun and a little chaotic with a dozen 12-13 year olds. I looked at ordering some molds but never pulled the trigger. This year at Sam's club I saw a fun kit and bought it. Saturday we spent the day making hot cocoa bombs for friends and carpool buddies. It was a lot of fun. We made almost 30 in a variety of flavors: chocolate chocolate, mexican hot cocoa (my favorite), white chocolate with pumpkin spice, and a cookies and cream which was a white chocolate shell, chocolate hot cocoa mix and crushed up oreos (the kids are saving those for a special day). Then Sunday Ellie drove us around delivering them. Monday I drove the kids to school and when the the carpool friends got in Marcus said, "How did you enjoy your cocoa bombs?" I thought it was so cute. I laughed and said they probably having eaten them yet and the girls admitted they hadn't yet. Then when I was picking up the kindergartners I told Marcus that Max's Mom had told me he drank his on Sunday so Marcus got close to Max and said, "How did you like the cocoa bomb?" And Max said it was really yummy and the marshmallows surprised me. It's true, it's kind of fun to see the marshmallows come floating to the top as the chocolate melts. I had so much fun making them I decided to make some more on Monday for my pickle ball friends. We will definitely be making more.

Ellie had her first snow driving experience. She was home Friday morning while it was snowing so I told Steve to take her driving. They went to the church parking lot and practiced. He said she may have bumped into the curb a couple of times, but that's part of the learning curve.

 

She also went to her first formal dance. She met some friends there and took almost 400 pictures for year book. We managed to find a nice dress at Ross and bonus she let me do her hair. Lila was in the background telling Ellie how to pose for pictures -- it was pretty funny and nice to see how they each have different gifts and can help each other.

 

This week the kids have some dress-up days for school. Monday was Grinch day at the elementary school and Marcus decided to wear one of the green holiday shirts I made the girls years ago (Andrew was not feeling good at the beginning of the week and missed the first two days).

 

One more story about funny Marcus. I managed to wrap most of the presents last Friday. He was having so much fun playing he didn't even notice me locked in my room. Steve was working downstairs so I told Marcus to keep playing while I quickly ran to pick up Lila from school. When we pulled up to the house he had the front blinds pulled all the way up and was standing on the windowsill waving excitedly. I wondered what was happening. As we pulled into the garage he came running to the door squealing, "There are presents under the tree! There are presents under the tree!" Even Steve could hear him all the way downstairs. Christmas excitement. :)


Today we woke up to 6 inches of snow and our poor trees did not fair well -- several branches broke.