4 Trips to the Store, and 5 Orthodontist appointments. Yep life has definitely been on overdrive here before and after spring break.
On March 24th I went with Andrew's class to SeaQuest Aquarium. With parent volunteers now needing to have done a background check I feel like volunteers have really dwindled and I don't want the teachers to have to work harder or the kids to not have these fun opportunities so I volunteered after his teacher said they were short on volunteers (I've been volunteering every Monday to do homework folders for both Marcus & Andrew's classes and the other half so 4 classes). Honestly, the field trip was fun. It was a great day with the kids and I even rode the bus with them.
The weather was lovely that weekend and I have been wanting to to do a bbq with our NUAMES carpool to get to know some of the families better and to say thank you for such a great year. I sent out an invite early Wednesday and luckily everyone was able to come. We had a great evening eating and visiting and the kids played. Steve was a rockstar on the grill and everyone brought delicious food to share. It was a great evening, even if I had to go to the store a few extra times to buy supplies and we found the most delicious spring fruit snacks at Costco (they have pineapple, mango, watermelon, yummo). Marcus tried to talk me into buying 2 boxes so he could donate one to the food drive at school but I told him we already donated a box there and then when we got home and tried them I kind of regretted not getting a 2nd box and I don't really like fruit snacks.
Lila's birthday is over spring break so we were trying to decide when to have her party this year and what to do. The school district added a few early out Mondays for all schools (except Ellie because she's not technically apart of the Davis school district at NUAMES) so we decided to do her party on March 28th during one of the early outs. All of the friends she invited could come. We had an Italian Soda bar, made and smoked pizzas, played games, and they just had fun hanging out. Her young women leader asked when she could decorate the door since we would be out of town and she did it the night before her party which was super thoughtful of her and festive.
Ellie started her drive time with an instructor. Just as we were pulling in the parking lot we saw a driver's ed car doing a 3 point turn to get out of the parking lot and a truck came zooming out of a gated area and almost hit them. High school parking lots are scary!! But she survived her first drive time and has 3 more drive times scheduled the week after spring break so she should be set to get her license right after her birthday.
Lila met with the orthodontist last week who determined it was time to start braces so we went back this week to set in a plan etc. She is going to start with an expander for a couple of months then get braces at the start of summer. At first they said let's do the impression today and put in the spacer. Then they said wait we don't want to do that before spring break so can you come back twice the week after spring break. What else are we supposed to do. So she'll have gone 4 times in a matter of 3 weeks and then I take Ellie in the week after that. It's time for me to start taking Andrew in to be watched but honestly I'm waiting until summer because one more trip to the orthodontist might just make me lose my mind. Instead I get to take him into get a cavity filled.
I also went in to helped organize and planned an activity for Marcus's spring party on Thursday, March 31st. It was fun. I did a rubber ducky matching game, where rubber duckies had spring pictures taped on the bottom and the kids tried to find a match as they floated around and then I read them some spring stories. It was a fun party even though it rained during their Easter egg hunt time and so they had to do it inside.
Life is good as we enjoy spring and all the comes with it!








