Steve has been spending a lot more time down at the office in Draper due to the company preparing to move offices. Andrew has also started Newsies rehearsals at the school and things are the usual crazy. One Friday evening Steve sent me a coupon for pizzasticks at Little Ceasars so after picking Lila up from school and realizing Andrew had another 30 minutes of rehearsal (I thought they got done at the same time) we went and picked up pizza and ice cream to make frozen butterbeer (I promised Marcus weeks ago I would make it). I also made a deal with Lila if she has no missing assignments on Monday and no missing assignments on Friday then we would go get a Fiiz Friday afternoon. That got her excited and motivated to get things done (if only I knew it was that simple before Christmas). Her shark time teacher gave us that idea and I like it because it gives her some flexibility with turning things in and we aren't riding her everyday but just checking in at the beginning and end of the week. If she keeps that up then she should fall behind. She worked so hard the first week to get caught up but didn't get her shark time assignment turned in so instead of Fiiz I picked up a pack of The Most Oreo Oreos while in the store. She loves oreos and it was a fun treat (she managed to earn a Fizz the next Friday). Then we grabbed Andrew and headed home.
Instead of pouring the cream soda into ice trays to freeze, I put it outside to freeze. It's been so cold. I didn't shake the bottle to break it up but I did squeeze the bottle and hit the ice chunks a bit to get them to come out. As soon as I started unscrewing the lid you could see the ice start to rise and I knew I was in trouble. So I let it sit for a bit. Then I opened it and it started running down the sides. Then I thought I'll hold it over the blender I want to put it in and have Ellie slowly open it so it will go into the blender. She started slowly then just decided to unscrew it all the way and a solid cream soda ice snake shot almost the way to the ceiling and all over the counter and me and Ellie. It was hilarious. The kids and I were laughing and wishing we had it on video for AFV.
My dishwasher soap dispenser has not closed for months and then we noticed the jet dry was leaking out. So I got online and found a replacement soap dispenser part, we ordered it and Steve spent an hour fixing the dishwasher and now it is as good as new. We also noticed the electronic box was hanging funny so Steve fixed that too. The ironic thing is that it was almost exactly 10 years from when we bought and installed it. Hope we get another 10 years out of it.
There is always a project isn't there. Now to fix the GFI and Steve ordered me a new sink baffle because ours is deteriorating. Don't tell him but I really want to recarpet the whole house. . .


