Thursday, February 8, 2024

Marcus's Golden Birthday

my niece told me your birthday is golden when the date matches the age you are turning. So Marcus turned 8 today on the 8th. He was able to attend activity days for the first time the night before his birthday. They carved soap and talked about knife safety. He loved it! Their leader told me later that they are a fun and enthusiastic group of kids. They were trying their best to carve but instead of carving with something in mind they would hold it up and ask each other what they think it should be after they were done carving. So cute! And they gave him a box of sour patch kids to say Happy Birthday, he was so excited!



I hung up a cute rainbow banner and put out his present which he kept begging to open all morning. The present had two things in it but because it was wrapped together he only counted it as one present (now I know better 😂). He was excited to go to school with his birthday poster and cupcakes we bought to pass out. Then as soon as he was home from school I smoked pizzas and I had even made some dessert pizzas, a s'more one and an apple pie one (with a small section of only crumble topping for Marcus because he didn't want apples).


Thursday night's are crazy. We drive the girls to dance and Andrew has violin at 5pm. Unfortunately, Andrew's violin teacher fell ill so she cancelled lessons and the boys were excited to have some extra time to play the new game on the switch. We even let them stay up late and keep playing while Steve and I went to our pickleball league.


It was a pretty low key birthday but he was happy. I'm grateful we were able to celebrate his birthday and the role he plays in our family our family would not be complete without him. He even had a neighbor friend drop off a cookie in the shape of an 8 with a candle in it so we all sang to him early Saturday morning since it was the time we were all gathered.


 We'll get to celebrate more on his baptism day that is coming fast! We love you Marcus!