Kodiak turned 1 on May 16th. It has been fun to have Ellie over for Sunday dinners now that she lives closer so we decided to celebrate her and Kodiak on May 18th (since we would be leaving for Hawaii the day after her birthday). We smoked a pork brisket and it was delicious. Steve had just pulled the bone out so we sang Happy Birthday to Kodiak while he patiently sat waiting for it. 😋Marcus is pointing at his tail that was wagging wildly with excitement. He finished that bone before we finished dinner. 😂
We sang Happy Birthday to Ellie. I forgot to put the 2-0 decorations on the cake or even take a picture of the cake (oops).
Then on her birthday today, we went to get pedicures before going to Hawaii and out to lunch. It was fun! We all picked a different shade and Lila's nail technician called hers "ballet pink" which is so fitting for her. We really had a great time!
Ellie then went to the chiropractor to get her wrist adjusted (she fell out of her lofted bed and hurt her wrist and had some doozy bruises). While she was gone I picked the boys up from their last day of school (technically there is school tomorrow but we'll be on a plane to Hawaii). I meant to take a picture of Andrew in the morning as it is his last day of elementary school but I forgot so I snapped one of him getting into the van. Then he realized he forgot his graduation cap so we flipped around so he could run in and get it. Then he decided he wanted to take his yearbook back because Mrs. Elswood said she would have people sign it for him so nice of her. So we dropped Marcus off said a quick hello to Ellie who was on her way to see Isaac and his sister who shares the same birthday for a bit. Since we were back at the school with no traffic I took some pics of Andrew in his cap as his big send off.
Came home to find Marcus sorting his Rendezvous treasures. I bought him some things to sell that were a big hit. I told him to price them high but he didn't think they would sell and he came home saying, I should have priced them higher. Oh well, he got plenty of stuff and learned about market value and yes he bought that blanket too along with a fidget ring.
Kyle and his girlfriend come tonight to stay one night before flying to Colorado to visit her family. We are excited to see Kyle and meet Chloe and are grateful we've been working towards Hawaii for the past several weeks (one project at a time).







