Friday, May 8, 2009

Adventures of the Night

Last night in an attempt to get more sleep, I pumped and left a bottle for Steve to give to Lila. I went to bed at 9:30 p.m. and was unconscious by 9:35 p.m. When Steve brought Lila to me at 1:30 a.m. he said I missed quite the adventure that night. Here is his story. He had just settled onto the couch to sleep around 11 p.m. when he heard crying. He went down the hall to check on the girls and found Ellie holding Sushi's fish bowl sideways with only a small amount of water left (the picture above has double the amount of water found in the bowl--poor Sushi probably thought she was going to suffocate from air). Steve says it took him a while to process the scene, but he knew he needed to grab the bowl before all of it's contents were lost. He then found that all of the water had been dumped onto Ellie's bed and blankets and she had thrown her big blanket, dripping wet over her headboard. Steve kept asking Ellie what happened and she kept saying, "I don't know." He then came into our room to see if I was even remotely awake because he wanted another witness to the crazy events, but I did not budge as he hovered over me (what did you expect from a sleep deprived Mom with a month old baby). He then changed Ellie's sheets, got her new blankets, filled Sushi's bowl to the level you see it at now, and got Ellie settled back into bed. Even this morning Ellie is not for sure what happened last night. My attempt in explaining the events is that she fed Sushi right before bed last night which we usually do during the day and I think she was dreaming about Sushi and something happened because she was asleep when I checked in on her before going to bed at 9:30 p.m. The good news is Sushi II is okay (we don't need a Sushi III) and Steve was not too traumatized by the experience.