Yesterday I decided that I was tired of Ellie's hair being in her eyes and getting in her food. I liked it long because I could pull it back, but let's be honest she never really let me do it. So I called my Mom and said I want to cut Ellie's hair (why I didn't think of this when we were visiting last week--I cannot explain). She agreed Ellie would look really cute with a bob. I asked if I could do it or if I needed to seek out a professional--she encouraged me and said I could do it and then talked me through what needed to be done (it would have been easier if she wasn't on a business trip to Vegas and we could have video chatted, but a phone conversation would have to do). So I turned on a movie, Bolt, and began cutting away. Here is the result:
I couldn't get her to look straight at the camera and the pictures don't really do it justice--it is really cute in person, but you get the idea. I made her a little barrette out of this yellow flower she loves and now she lets me comb her hair and put it in--I'm loving this new hair-do!

Not too bad. Next time I see my Mom I will be asking for lessons.