Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Get Knocked Down, but I Get Up Again

I feel like the last seven weeks have been one situation after another. Let's recap:

* House Flooded
* Living in a Hotel with two children
* Get food poisoning and spend the weekend in the hotel bathroom
* Steve is told he has to have a dissertation meeting or else
* Girls and I decide to go visit Mimi and Grandpa for a break while Steve works long hours in preparation for his dissertation meeting
* Instead of relaxing in Idaho we catch the swine flu (not a break)
* Ellie ends up at an Evening Clinic and the ER because of a prolonged fever
* Lila gets a terrible ear infection
* I get sick--yes three weeks of us spreading the germs--we couldn't all get it at once and then enjoy our time in Idaho--we had to be sick for the whole 17 days
* We return to Steve and our hotel only for him to get sick--we could not have still been contagious? and I washed everything
* While we were fighting the germs, we had to pretty much fire the Restoration company because they were adding ridiculous charges for the repairs and their work was just okay
* Hired Gary McGuinness (highly recommend him). He noticed the tiles were hollow which means they had separated from the cement underneath so yes after I thought the house had been deconstructed as much as possible they began tearing up tile
* Anyone ever cooked a turkey in a hotel before? (We hope to be in before Thanksgiving. Gary is making great progress and our cabinets should be shipped tomorrow so things are coming together)

I just keep telling myself, "it is going to be really nice, it is going to be really nice, it is going to be really nice" that is when I remember that we do own a home. :)