Saturday, January 16, 2010

Family Fun Night

About a year ago we started "Family Movie Night" to be held on Friday evenings. We did this to cut back on the amount of TV Ellie was watching during the week due to my weakened state during pregnancy. Any time she would ask for a movie we would explain that we were waiting for Family Movie Night which she was excited for because we would all watch a movie together and pop popcorn--one of her favorite snacks. Now that she is older and we are reestablishing routines we started holding "Family Fun Night" on Friday evening (not to be confused with Family Home Evening which we hold on Monday evenings and discuss gospel principles). On the 7th we had a game night where we played Moono (it is really called Uno Moo) and started teaching Ellie Skipbo. We made cookies and had a good time. Last week while at Michael's they were clearancing gingerbread kits and I thought my crafty cooking daughter would love that. So this week we ordered pizza and made a grand gingerbread house for "Family Fun Night". We also had banana splits for dessert. Ellie loved it--she spent a couple of hours decorating the house and said, "I LOVE Family Fun night--it is so much fun!" I guess the tradition is a keeper and I hope we have lots of memories spending time together as a family.

Look at them go--even Lila got in on the action chewing on the gingerbread.





















Enjoying the final product.