Monday, January 18, 2010

A Sunbeam

Ellie is now a sunbeam. I was able to enjoy the first couple of Sundays with her as I was serving in the Primary Presidency--it was so fun to see her in Primary and she would wave and say Hi Mom as she would walk by and then quickly fold her arms to be reverent. Well I was released last week from my calling in Primary and I miss the children. It is nice to have a break from all of the activities and events that Primary entails but the interaction with the children and studying the wonderful lessons established by the General Primary Presidency brought such a joy to me. I have not yet received a new calling (shh . . .) and feel blessed by my Father in Heaven with the opportunity to spend some extra time becoming a better wife and mother. With this in mind I decided that for Family Home Evening we would practice the new song they are learning this month, "I Know That My Savior Loves Me" and discuss when Jesus blessed the children. We had a great little discussion and then I began reviewing the song with her and to my amazement she knew quite a bit of the song from only 3 weeks. It made me grateful for such wonderful teachers who share their time and talents in Primary to strengthen our youth.

She did not want to hold the cute little item they made in Sunbeam class, but wanted to hold the beautiful bouquet of flowers the new Primary Presidency put together with the Senior Primary as a thank you to the old presidency (it made me cry).