Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gingerbread 2.0

The gingerbread house that I bought on clearance at the beginning of the year was such a hit that when I was at Trader Joe's and found an "Authentic German Hexen Haus" for the cheapest I had ever seen a gingerbread kit I couldn't help myself.  Ellie noticed the box right after school yesterday and has been asking ever since when we get to make it. So this morning after breakfast while we were all still in our pajamas we made a "Hexen Haus".

Daddy the engineer helping us with initial construction.

Lila has to sample everything.  Ellie decided she wanted to try the gingerbread because Lila liked it so much, but Ellie quickly decided gingerbread was not her favorite.






She started out putting the sprinkles on one at a time until Daddy developed a method of dumping the sprinkles and then pressing the tree into them.


Lila's special touches: 
notice the bite at the apex and the half eaten gummy coming out of the window.

The final product!