Monday, April 4, 2011

Tricky Thursday, April Fool's Friday, Sleepy Saturday

What can I say--our weekend was full of fun and surprises. Like spontaneously taking the girls out for breakfast on Thursday.
Lila thoroughly enjoyed my double blueberry pancakes--she does like blueberries and pancakes so I should have known the mixture would be deadly.

The girls wanted to ride their bikes after our breakfast outing so I set up my craft table to work on a project in the driveway and they rode their bikes for three hours.  They were collecting special rocks while riding their bikes and Steve and I noticed yesterday that they very creatively decorated our front door mat with the rocks they collected (if you come to visit their rocks are still on display).  Towards the end I noticed a few weeds and told them I would give them a quarter if they picked them and they were so excited.
Here they are with their newly earned money which has already been spent on a new Hot Wheels car.

Ellie made the following April Fool's joke from Family Fun for her friends at school.
null
Grow wholesome, all-natural doughnuts in your own backyard!*
Plant by April 1**
Sow in a pile, in a deep bowl.
Cover with 1 to 2 inches of milk.
*Results not guaranteed.
**Really, really not guaranteed. In fact, we are certain that these seeds will not grow anything.



Ellie came home from school on Friday with two worms--they were learning the letter "W".  I was not going to touch them, but before I got everything unpacked from the car Ellie had the bag open out on the back patio and was trying to convince Lila to touch them.



Ellie was really gentle with the worms just moving them around or putting them on something to see if they would crawl around.  She showed Lila which part was the head and really encouraged Lila to play with it.  Once Lila got comfortable with the feel of the worm she stretched it, squished it, and eventually tore it in half--oops.
Here they are with the worms.  Notice Lila is stretching hers and Ellie is observing.

Lila 'chilaxing'.  She loves to suspend herself between the couch and ottoman.

Ellie fell asleep here during the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference.