Saturday, March 31, 2012

Go Ellie--Kick it!

I called a soccer league to see if there was room for Ellie to sign up for spring soccer (usually you register in May for Fall/Spring) and it so happened there was room. We picked up her uniform on Monday and she played her first game today.  On the way to the game I asked her if she was excited and she said, "I'm a little nervous because I don't really know how to play."  We told her to listen to her coach and have fun.  She had a ball!  She was a little timid about getting in the mix when everyone was crowded around the ball, but she had a few good defensive stops, got to throw the ball in, and kick-it off.  She also had a lot of fans there with Mimi & Grandpa, Uncle Jakey, Grandpa & Grandma Moore & Lexie, Mom & Dad & Lila.  It was fun for all!

Getting ready for the game to start.  Her uniform is XS but the pants were way too big so I tied them tight and safety pinned them but she still held on to them the whole time--Jakey pointed out she can't use her hands anyways. :)  I'll sew them before the next game.


Team cheer--they are "The Little Pink Unicorns" which made Ellie even happier.  The coach, girls and their families were all so friendly.

Action shot.

Ellie gave us several large grins throughout the game.
 
We would all yell, "get it Ellie, kick it!" and so of course Lila had to yell for Ellie to get it too!
Ellie wants to practice every day with Daddy in the back yard.