Ellie had been asking me to ride her scooter to school (a popular thing to do) for several days last week, but there were meetings and things I had to do right after dropping her off so finally on Thursday we set out on scooter. She was so excited and we ran into a couple of her friends here in the neighborhood and she rode with them while I followed behind. She was in heaven and I wish I would have had my camera there to take a picture. I told her I would just fold the scooter up and take it home, but she begged to park it on the racks with everyone else so I let her. She rode again yesterday and I snapped a picture (as I was trying to keep up--man is it a work out to keep up with her).
 |
| Just threw the ball in. |
Saturday, Ellie had a soccer game and Mimi, Grandpa and Jakey came since they had stayed the night after going to the Brigham City Temple Open House with us. At practice, Ellie does great she can follow directions and learn the strategies and moves and she really gets into it, but at the games it is a bit intimidating when there are 10 girls hovering and kicking one ball (just not her personality to be aggressive). So Saturday, I told her I would give her a penny for every time she kicked the ball and then Mimi said she would give her a quarter. She got in the game and was kicking away--she usually tires out, but we explained they only had 5 players that day and everyone was going to play the whole game and then one of their players sat out for 2 quarters due to a minor injury (more upsetting than actually hurt). So they were down a man, playing 4-on-5, but were still holding the other team. Then Jakey upped the anty by telling Ellie he would give her all the money in his wallet if she scored a goal. Jake checked his wallet and realized he had $500, but wasn't too nervous because Ellie has never gotten close to scoring a goal. Right at the end of the game she managed to kick the ball at the net and it narrowly missed--we all screamed loud with excitement and that is what she remembers us screaming. It may not be her sport in the long run, but she has fun and we have fun watching her so it is a win-win.
 |
| Going after the ball. :) |
 |
| Playing defense. |
Funnies:
Last week we were sleeping with the windows open and one morning it was particularly cold. Lila came down and said the cold air made Ellie sick because she has something in her throat, "I said like a frog." Lila, "No. More like a snake."
Lila says, "I have a DIa." instead of idea. And "I forgetful." instead of forgot.
Last night my cell phone rang and I asked Ellie to hand it to me she said, "It's Mimi. It's your Mom." (I love how they start to put it together!)