Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happenings

We rang in the New Year with some friends. They were sweet to have us to their house and we played games, ate, and visited. We were there until 11pm when Lila showed signs of weariness and begged to go home so we came home and Ellie said she had a headache, I'm sure from being tired they never stay up that late. Then Steve and I finished the Narnia movie we had been watching all week (I'm notorious for falling asleep during movies and known to pick a movie based on length hence the reason it was a week long project). The movie finished just in time for us to kiss at midnight and watch some fireworks out our window. The next morning we had our traditional New Year's breakfast of Aebleskivers and just had a nice final vacation day full of relaxing and playing. Then it was back to school and work and I tried to get the house put back together. 

Last night we decided to have our first Family Fun Night of 2013. We took the girls indoor miniature golfing, and Ellie got two hole-in-ones. Lila may be a sport lefty, we kept setting her up right-handed but she kept going back to a left hand position--only time will tell. We picked up pizza afterwords and I asked the girls to finish eating their apples they had grabbed as a snack on our way out the door. Lila handed me a stem and I said, "Where is the rest of your apple?" She looked at me confused and said, "I ate it."  Yes, she at the whole thing seeds and all. :)  After pizza, we made cookies, and watched a movie by the fireplace since it was 9 degrees outside. It was a great start to our 2013!

Below is how she ended up golfing the last nine holes when she was done with our help.