Saturday, January 26, 2013

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub

So our dishwasher broke a week ago. I have never really liked the thing, but couldn't stomach buying another appliance after buying several major appliances to move in. I noticed it getting worse so I was basically washing the dishes before I put them in and then last Friday the dishes came out dirtier so I started shopping. Saturday it really gave up the ghost and we ordered a dishwasher that couldn't be delivered for 10 days.  Hmmm . . . several people suggested paper plates, but that doesn't help with the dishwasher full of already dirty dishes so I took the opportunity to show the girls how to wash dishes (and we have been washing by hand ever since--just never made the transition to paper). They thought it was pretty cool to have a sink full of bubbles and scrub-a-dub-dub. Well, last night I went upstairs to find them washing their kitchen dishes in the bathroom with the nice OnGuard soap that Mimi gave us. Later I put the correlation together of me teaching them how to wash dishes and I felt bad that I got upset because they had used up most of the soap. Good thing kids are so forgiving when you tell them you made a mistake and don't mind them washing dishes just not to use the nice soap.

Here they are drying and putting away. :)