Mimi and Grandpa drove down and we had a little lunch with them and the Durbanos in celebration.
| Grandpa gave Lila a giant Hershey Kiss--she couldn't believe it was all chocolate. |
She wanted a ballerina on top of her cake and I had ordered decorations and made plans, but was still not feeling well enough to make a cake so I ordered an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen which is always yummy, but the decorations were a bit disappointing. Lila didn't mind after having a couple of bites she turned to me and said, THANK YOU! Although before she was worried about getting a cake at all because she hadn't seen me baking anything and asked, "Are you going to make me a cake?"
Venessa gave Lila a real manicure for her birthday which she was happy to show and tell everyone about for the next few days. Although her attention span may not quite be ready for this since after each step she would ask, "can we be done now?" Poor Ellie was having a hard time with all of the attention on Lila. Mimi gave Ellie a little manicure too. Then Grandpa read the girls some books before heading back to Idaho.
Lila also shared with us some of her awesome dance moves--since it was a dancing themed birthday. She seriously has some sass and it comes out in her dances and when she plays keep away with Steve she has these sassy moves. It cracks us up.
We made some banana muffins for her to take to joy school the next day and share with her friends. We used the ballerina slipper rings to decorate them. As I dropped her off I heard her say, "it's all about me." I quickly told her, her birthday was over and she needed to be nice and share with everyone--hopefully it all went well. :)