Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Breaker

After Easter we headed back to Utah because the girls had dentist appointments and piano lessons on Monday. I realized kind of late that I had done nothing for April Fools' Day and we usually like to do a little something. So I quickly pulled together a Fool's Cafe dinner I found online.


Steve helped me setup a blanket to protect the bar from being seen so I could prepare their orders. It was fun and the girls had a good time.  For the first course Ellie ordered: 5 [jello], 6 [goldfish crackers], 7 [cucumbers], 9 [ham], 11 [fork] she did the best first round order; Lila ordered: 12 [spoon], 13 [knife], 14 [toothpick], 17 [ice cream], 19 [mint] she was ecstatic to eat ice cream first; Steve ordered: 1 [ice], 4 [gravy], 6 [goldfish crackers], 18 [chocolate syrup], 20 [soda] I asked him what he was doing ordering 6 and he thought I might actually throwout a piece of crusted Tilapia which he loves.  Then they proceeded to order the second course and discovering new items on the menu.

 

Mimi and Grandpa came down late Monday night so we decided to venture to the Aquarium in Sandy Tuesday afternoon. It was really packed due to spring break, but the girls enjoyed walking around looking at all of the different critters. Lila even recognized the jelly fish first as we turned the corner. We touched a shark and a sting-ray that knew it was almost feeding time and was jumping out of the water right at us.



Thursday, Venessa called and said she wanted to take the girls to baby animal days in Brigham City. Now I had not been feeling well at all this week so to get out and do the previous activities of the week took all my energy so I debated this and debated this and decided it was spring break and I needed to do another activity with the girls so I mustered up my strength, got us ready and we all headed out. We followed Venessa's GPS into Brigham City only to realize it had not found the correct address. After adjusting it sent us up the Logan canyon and I looked at Nessa and said are we going to Logan? Pretty much, she felt bad and I should have double checked, but it was a nice day so we thought we might as well try it and it would have been fun if it had not been so crowded like 3,000+ crowded so now we know, but the girls still got to hold baby bunnies and pet animals. Izzy got right in front of this goat that was just her size and was holding up her hand and saying, "Stay. Stay. Sit. Sit." The goat probably thought she was crazy, but Izzy thought she was totally in control. :)





I'm so glad the weather was nice for most of the week so the girls could go outside and play with bubbles, water paint, draw with sidewalk chalk, pick dandelions (yes we still have a few, but not nearly as many as last year--the yard is already greening up nicely), and just enjoy being outdoors together. 

We finished off spring break with Ellie's first spring soccer game on Saturday, which I didn't make it to because I didn't feel well, but Steve said she played hard and did really well.