It was a lovely weekend! The weather could not have been better in the 70s slightly overcast and we had a great time being outdoors most of the weekend (yes-I continued to ignore the inside of my house that was a colossal mess to enjoy this weekend with my family). We got Ellie out on her bike Friday night and she began to feel much more comfortable and enjoyed riding her bike. YAY! Steve got up early Saturday and went for a bike ride with Matt. They went 40 miles all the way down to the 215 interchange. I was still not feeling too well so I gave the girls a bowl of cereal, turned on Saturday morning cartoons, showered and went back to bed so I was asleep when he got home. When I awoke he told me that he had crashed and lost his phone so we would have to drive down and find it. I was more worried about the crash then the phone. He said they had just turned around and so he looked down to reset his bike computer because they had been fighting the wind on the way out and he wanted to compare the ride home, when he looked up there was a sharp 90 turn that he was going too fast for. He slammed on the breaks you can see the skid marks on the pavement and went down into the ditch, he landed down below those bushes he is standing next to in the last picture. He scraped up his knees, and bruised his arm, but I am so grateful he was not injured worse.


Since we were almost to Stephanie's house after retrieving his phone, we went down and spent a few hours with them. We enjoyed visiting in their backyard, roasting hot dogs with our fire-pit we brought, and then we let the kids ride their bikes down to the park where we attempted to fly a kite, but the wind just wouldn't cooperate.
On Monday, we slept in and just had a relaxed start to the day. Steve mowed and edged the lawn, then put in a water spout over on the RV pad near the garden (the reason why Lila and I dug out all that rock the other day). Then he worked on reinforcing the loft area in the garage for a bit while the girls and I enjoyed playing in the backyard, we did lawn darts, squirt guns, rode bikes, they talked the neighbors ear off while he trimmed his tree and then we had a little barbecue outside after which the girls raced "rolly polly" bugs across the table. Ellie said, "this was a great day we just got to play." Agreed! Sometimes you just need a play day!