Thursday, October 31, 2013

BOO!

We had a nice Halloween. Last Friday we celebrated with our ward at the traditional Carnival/Trunk-or-Treat.
Steve went as a mad scientist and I let the girls paint a jack-o-lantern on an old orange T-shirt of mine although Lila kept saying it was the baby's costume and I still needed to be something and the girls were My Little Ponies, Ellie was Rainbow Dash and Lila was Pinkie Pie.


 
The girls during the costume parade. They are so big to look out for one another now--I love it!!


We enjoyed soup, salad, and rolls then went around to the carnival activities. As a Primary Presidency we usually do a cupcake walk, but this year was a little crazier because Steve also volunteered at the Cub Scout bean bag toss. So I took the girls around to the booths with some neighbor friends and then dropped them off where they finished off the night helping Steve while I worked the cupcake booth. Then I passed out candy while Steve walked them around Trunk-or-Treat. The girls and I stayed and helped gather/take-out the garbage while Steve vacuumed the whole church. Let's just say I was tired when we got home. ;) I love that my husband just quietly does his part and we specifically asked the girls why we all stay and help and they both said at the same time, "because the more people that help the easier it is." I am grateful for opportunities to teach my children such important life lessons and of course they had a fun evening and came home with candy they spent the next day sorting and trading with each other.
Here they are showing off the face painting. They were so sad to wash it off before bed. There favorite babysitter Sarah did it and they wanted it to last forever. :)

The girls both got to wear their costumes to school and have a little class party today. Then my family decided to come see the girls in their costumes so we all hung out for a few hours and enjoyed after school snacks that included monster mouths (apples, cream cheese, and marshmallows), banana ghosts, jack-o-lantern jellos, and they each got to make a mummy dog like last year. I did make a salad for the adults. Super simple, but it was nice to enjoy each others' company (and of course I didn't get any pictures--can I blame it on the fact that I'm 9 months pregnant!). Then the kiddos watched Toy Story of Terror and Steve took them trick-or-treating with the Olenlsagers while I passed out candy.

Tomorrow we celebrate Steve's birthday, HOORAY! I met him for lunch today since both of the girls were in school and we enjoyed a nice Mongolian BBQ lunch and then tomorrow I'm taking him to see Ender's Game at the theater, pretty low key, but we want him to  know that we love and appreciate him!