Sunday, December 15, 2013

Andrew's Blessing

We decided to bless Andrew while Steve's parents were in town.  My family also said they would be available to come so we had a full house.  With both grandparents, 3 sets of aunts and unlces and two of my cousins and families, we've never had so much family--it was fun and crazy and so wonderful!  Andrew was a little stinker the night before keeping me up from 2-5 am.  Luckily I sent Steve to sleep in the bonus room so he could get a good night sleep before the blessing.  I was feeding Andrew at 7 am realizing nobody else was up yet so I at 7:30 I began to wake the group.  At 8:30 am we sent Steve and the girls with some of the family to save seats and for the girls to practice a musical number they were participating in.  I fed Andrew a bit again before I left with the Grandma's and Grandpa Stan who was taking pictures.  Andrew slept all through sacrament meeting and only began to fuss a bit as we were taking pictures at the house afterwards.

Not in group picture is Jake and Marcee who left very quickly so that Jake could ordain a member of his priest quorum (he is serving as the Young Men's President in his ward) and my cousin Matt Olenslager and his family and Mimi who took the picture. :)






























We didn't get a picture of just our little family, but I'm sure we'll get lots of those later.  Sleep deprivation is really doing a number on me and I cannot remember or get to these details.  I even managed to mail the wrong thank you cards to people this week--that's what I get for writing a dozen or so while nursing at 11pm.

We all enjoyed each others company and some authentic Mexican food prepared by some sisters from the Spanish Branch my Dad serves in.

Also want to note the girls sang beautifully with a small children's choir and these are the words to the song:
Heavenly choirs must have had children
Singing along when they came to the earth
Jesus, I know, loves little children
So I imagine they sang at his birth
Halleluia, Halleluia
Had I been there, I would have sung
Halleluia, Halleluia
Praise to the Lord, praise to His Son

Praise to the Lord , praise to His Son