We've had her pretty white dress for a while and so Saturday morning we finished preparing for our family and her guests to come. Then 1:30 came and we headed to the church. She said she was nervous, but excited and then as family gathered she said she wasn't as nervous any more.
She wanted to participate in a musical number for her baptism so her and I sang a medley together. I know singing is not my strong suit, but I think it went well. Steve said it was very touching and several people commented on the spirit they felt during the song. Here are the words:
Mom & Ellie:
Jesus came to John the Baptist, In Judea long ago,
And was baptised by immersion In the River Jodan's flow.
I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can and live with God again
Ellie solo:
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
Mom & Ellie:
Be baptised to show obedience as was Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Then the ordinance of baptism was performed by Stephen. She had to do it twice because the first time her hand was too far up on Steve's arm and it may not have gone all the way under. It was so special for me to be in the dressing room with her right after her baptism. I will never forget those feelings and her smile and enthusiasm. She was then confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost to be her constant companion. It was a wonderful meeting and we were so grateful for the love and support we received from family and friends.
Several family members brought gifts to the house afterwards where we served a light lunch with sandwiches, pasta salad, green salad, celery, & cupcakes. She could hardly wait to open the presents which were all so thoughtful. Highlights include new scriptures, owl scripture case, sweet presents from cousins and cash from Great Grandpa Bob & Grandma Dorothy Merrell. Once again we are so grateful for everyone's support and the opportunity that we can be together forever with them!
The kids camera has been on the fritz and since I got a new camera I gave them the old camera which has a few quirks of it's own. Lila has loved taking pictures on it so I put her in charge of taking pictures while we were at the house and she did a pretty darn good job.
