Every year for our first family home evening we set family goals which may include a few personal goals for the girls. Then Steve gives them a father's blessing. We had planned to do this on Sunday before they went back to school, but the first Sunday of the year in primary wiped me out. I was at the church from 9-4 and it was fast Sunday which triggers migraines for me, but I was trying to set a good example for Ellie. I should have known that with the stress of the first Sunday I should have eaten something simple. All evening I was afraid the girls may suffer like me from fasting, but they were happy after scarfing down dinner and then eating apples for snacks. Anyway, the migraine knocked me down for the rest of the evening so we held our goal meeting tonight and Steve gave beautiful blessings to the girls. Lila was so excited she couldn't stop grinning and it eventually led to a giggle, but it was pure joy. I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who sent me such a wonderful husband who loves our children and is supportive of the crazy Sundays I have with my calling.
Our family theme this year is Love One Another. Here is our goal sheet:
Summer Fun
11 years ago
