She had her dress rehearsal Tuesday evening which went smoothly. We decided the lipstick she got at her birthday party went well with the outfit so she took care of putting it on on Wednesday before the performance. :) Steve made it home early yesterday so we could all hit the rode at 5pm for the crazy night. Mimi met us there and enjoyed the show with us. Lila performed beautifully.
I went and got her right after the dance and then we met the rest of the family in the parking lot where Mimi gave her some flowers which Lila had been saying she really wanted (when she woke-up this morning and saw that I had put them in a vase after I got home last night she was so excited and even asked if I used the flower food for them).
We slipped out right after her performance to go get some dinner before Ellie's softball games. We went to the Burger Bar which was near the Roy High School and has been featured on the Food Network's Dives, Diners & Drive-Ins. We tried there special Big Ben burger and an Elk Burger, Mimi had the Sea Ben sandwich which was pretty good then of course way too many french fries, onion rings, and milk shakes (it was a pity that a lot went to waste at the baseball field). It was fun, but probably not something we would make a special drive for.
The softball games never run on schedule which means her 7:30 game didn't get started until 7:55 so after about 30 minutes Steve took Andrew and Lila and went home to put them in bed. Mimi and I stayed and cheered on the team through the late late game. Ellie loves softball--I have to keep reminding myself this is her first year playing and start at the pitching machine level is difficult she'll get the hang of it. It was a fun evening.
But I'm not gonna lie everyone is dragging a bit this morning including me-hopefully we can get some good sleep tonight right after their tennis lesson (when I signed them up for tennis, softball and dance were supposed to be done but because of the rain out schedule Ellie has one more week of softball)--life is good and busy.
