Sunday, January 8, 2017

New Year Resolutions

Today for Family Home Evening we reviewed our family goals from last year and made new goals. We decided that Love One Another was going to be our Family Motto and we had a little lesson from the Ensign that came in an email titled "First Focus on Love".  In the article President Uchtdorf quotes the bible and adds what our target should be--Love.
“Master,” they asked Him, “which is the great commandment in the law?”
We all know how Jesus answered: “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
“This is the first and great commandment.
“And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
“On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”1
Please note the last sentence: “On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
The Savior not only showed us the target, but He also identified the bull’s-eye.

Here is a picture of the goals we made hanging on our magnet board.
Ellie was our scribe :)

I also made some personal goals and some goals to do with the kids. I'm going to be better about allowing them time to code on Tuesdays and then Thursdays I'm going to do our homeschool class of World History. I also want to be better about getting Andrew out and in some activities so I hope to go to the aquarium almost weekly with our membership, I signed him up for a weekly dance class at the Clearfield Aquatic Center, and we stumbled across an awesome story time we will be going back to (she planned the whole thing around frog & dog and talked about how they had some of the same letters and therefore they rhymed, she had a guitar to sing songs like BINGO and speckled frogs, she read books & did an awesome puppet show at the end--seriously I was entertained for 40 minutes along with Andrew). So there you have it--I'm keeping myself busy and learning with the kids and trying to squeeze a workout in once a day (still got to lose the baby weight).