Thursday, January 4, 2018

Feeding an Addiction. . .

Eggnog is big in my family. I'm not a huge fan, but my Mom, brother, and sister love it so much so that growing up my Dad came up with a homemade version to help cut costs (imagine raw eggs, vanilla and milk blended together. . .maybe that's why I'm not a huge fan). Anyway, I bought some eggnog in November to put in these pumpkin pie cupcakes. They were delicious, but the eggnog didn't really get drank so I made pancakes with it etc. Well while I was at Smith's yesterday returning an item and buying a few little things I found eggnog they were discounting and thought I'll buy some pumpkin eggnog (I remembered enjoying pumpkin eggnog one year). It was Marcus's first taste of eggnog and well. . . he liked it. He'd lift the glass to make sure he got every last drop before saying, "moooore, peeaas" translated to more, please.























That half gallon didn't last us a day. So I went back to Smith's today and grabbed a couple of more along with some seriously discounted cookies (like $.50 for a whole pack of sugar cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip whoopee cookies, and red velvet cookies). I guess we're going to enjoy another week of holiday eating. . . which also includes yummy things like smoked chicken last night with squash, salad and roll and tonight barbecue chicken chili with the leftovers. YUMMO!