Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Roses Are Red

Violets Are Blue
And I Love You

The kids didn't think that was terribly creative, but I tried. We did have fun being creative with some Valentine boxes this year. This is the first time any teacher has asked us to make a box at home (Lila's class decorated bags at school).



















Here are the kids signing their names on their Valentine's. I made little train tracks for Andrew to trace and Lila practiced signing her name in cursive.

This morning I had their little Valentine's present from us set out. Andrew gave each of the girls one of his Valentine's which he was super excited about.



And we of course had heart shaped pancakes. Then we got Ellie off to early morning ballroom with her violin which is after ballroom on Wednesdays and her box of Valentine's--her hands were full.

While Andrew was at tumbling class I ran to Wendy's and picked up lunch for everyone. Then the boys and I met the girls at the school to eat with them. Andrew thought it was awesome to eat at school with the girls and Marcus was thoroughly entertained and did really well sitting there for almost an hour (I of course strapped him in his stroller).









Ellie missed her recess to come eat with us (they have recess before lunch). So after we were done eating she offered to take Andrew out to the playground which he had been asking to do so he was pumped. It was very thoughtful of her and she looked after him and walked around with him, such a good attentive big sister.


Steve was working in and on the basement so I put the boys down for a nap helped him with a couple of projects down there in preparation for his brother Doug and his three older kids arrival tonight. Then I went back to the school for Lila's Valentine party where I did a craft with them (I forgot to take a picture with Lila). Then after school I ran the girls to dance class, made fondue for our fun dinner, and managed to sneak Steve a "for your eyes only" card. We ate and talked and laughed and cried and just showed our love for one another.💘