Here's what we did last week during our final full week of summer:
*Andrew had an emergency dental appointment where they almost had to do a root canal. He was a trooper and enjoyed watching TV on the ceiling.
*I went to the temple for an afternoon session by myself before my babysitters go back to school (I'm trying to catch-up with all the work after Ellie's done 34 female baptisms). I came home to find the kids playing Sorry-- so cute.
*Ellie had Thunder camp where she got her locker, class schedule and a tour of the school. Then I took her and a couple of friends back the next day so they could try their lockers one more time and find their classes and enjoy open library time.
*Final tutoring, violin lesson, ukulele class, play-dates, and regular dance classes
*Girls went to Barnes & Noble to turn in their reading trackers for books and Ellie had a $5 gift card to spend. I was really proud of them I told them they had 15 minutes and they were out in 20 so that's reasonable and they said they got a 10% of coupon with their free books so they used that to buy their items with. They were stoked. :)
*We also turned in library reading trackers and Andrew got a Ninja book he likes the girls to read to him.
*Cleaned out backpacks and started gathering school supplies as lists started coming in one-by-one (Ellie has 8 classes this year so I feel like just as I get on top of it someone else sends something). And the kids think back to school time means ski season is approaching so they pulled out all of the ski maps they have collected and were studying them.
*Thursday we called Nessa to see how she was doing and she was having a rough morning so we said come bowling and hang with us. So we went bowling, ate pizza, watched a movie in the theater room downstairs.
*We decided to make a last minute trip to Idaho. We took Nessa's girls with us so she could have a little break before the baby comes. It was quite the adventure to have 6 kids on a trip, but we survived. There were bubbles, rock painting with Mimi which Marcus really really enjoyed and fishing with Uncle Jakey.
I was hoping to visit with Uncle Kirk and Aunt Brenda to give them my love (Brenda was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer over the 4th while we were there--the girls and I went through a whole box of kleenexes as we cried when we found out). But alas she was not feeling well this weekend so we send our love and prayers their way!
*We had planned to stay until Sunday, but Saturday as I was making dinner I felt like we should leave that night so we began to gather things up and make beds etc. I called Venessa to tell her we were heading back early and then she explained she was at the hospital because she had been worried about the baby's lack of movement, but she was certain they were going to send her home after hydrating and monitoring, but after an hour on the rode she sent a text and said they were going to admit her due to fetal distress and the baby would come that night. So her girls spent the night with us and poor Siena woke-up in the middle of the night sick and throwing up (it reminded me of when we came home from the hospital with Andrew and Lila got a stomach bug that went through all of us) I was praying that nobody else would get it and so far so good--whew. I ran up to see her Sunday and she is a teeny little thing at just over 5lbs and so cute!
*Sunday for family home evening Ellie gave us a few stories she has found from our ancestors on Family Search. They were quite intriguing. And Steve gave everyone there back-to-school Father's blessing which were so wonderful and special for each individual. We discussed each one a bit after they were given and talked about things that they could do during the school year.
*Yesterday we met Steve at Pizza Pie cafe for lunch and we all had a good time. Everyone helped me get the house all cleaned before we left and I am going to miss having them all around. Andrew and Marcus even played outside for a couple of hours without fighting (the blessed cooler weather helps too).
*I cried during the breakfast prayer this morning so now I'm not allowed to pray the first day of school or the last day of summer. It's the last full day and I don't know quite how to fill it. . . want to soak up every last bit as we finish gathering school supplies and prepare for Lila's back to school night tonight.
There ya have it--summer is over as we send the girls to school tomorrow. Ellie is super excited to be starting Jr High and Lila is excited about her teachers so fingers crossed we'll all get in a new routine and have a great year together learning and growing.
Summer Fun
11 years ago






